County Armagh is a beautiful 18-hole course set in Georgian parkland with magnificent panoramic views of the historic City and its surrounding countryside.
The Club is one of the oldest in Ireland, formed in 1893. During the most progressive period in the history of the club, with the increasing pace of golf's development, land was acquired in the Demesne to extend the course from 9 to 18 holes.
The design of the new 18 holes was entrusted to Don Patterson, the Warrenpoint professional, and Alan Smith, a course architect. Since the memorable day of the course opening as an 18 hole course landscaping has matured the course. Major alterations have taken place to the 2nd and 18th holes and further improvements made to the greens and tees. Throughout the Georgian demesne, free-standing oaks, chestnuts, beech and ash trees line the carefully manicured fairways, with testing bunkers, leading to superb greens, many of which are defined by lush floral displays which blossom beautifully in spring and summer.
Today County Armagh Golf course is widely considered one of the best parkland courses in Ireland, with every hole featuring a different layout, requiring a variety of shots to challenge and delight every golfer whatever their handicap. Indeed it provides an intriguing test of skill, evidenced on occasions when the Club has hosted major amateur and professional golf championships.